Sunday 15 May 2011

Using Photoshop to plan fabric choices!

This was kind of a lightbulb moment for me this afternoon.....so I thought I'd share! Those of you who sew and have Photoshop have probably been doing this for years, but I've only just caught on (I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, if you hadn't already guessed! Ha ha!).
In the post below you'll see I bought a Farbenmix Vida pattern, and I was trying to plan in my head what fabrics I had and what to put where, when I suddenly had a brainwave - why not Photoshop it?

So I took photos of the fabrics, and a photo of the line drawing on the front of the pattern, et voila! Instant (relatively!) dress right there on the screen!



I think I'll be doing this now for all my patterns!

Thanks for looking!

Lisa xxx

1 comment:

  1. What a fab idea.... Oooh i cant wait for a SMM creation :p

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so thank you for posting!

Getting an early start...

Well for some reason, (and trust me, this NEVER happens!), I'm making an early start on things for that most dreaded of C-words... CHRI...