Friday 26 August 2011

Stuff Jamie Makes . . . (and a very simple tutorial!)

I don't always remember to post (or photograph) the little projects that me and Jamie come up with to keep him entertained, and I'm pretty sure that some (most!) of them you wouldn't want to read about ha ha!
But it was raining bucketfuls today, he was bored, and so I came up with this!
It's really very easy, very fun, and you can eat the leftovers. No, really, you can! 

You will need...

a piece of card (not too thick - you need to be able to put holes in it!)
the largest needle you can find (ours was a very big, very blunt darning type)
some thinnish ribbon (you need to be able to thread it through the needle)
some Cheerios (Note: other ring-shaped cereals are available.)

Ok. Got all that? Good. 

Firstly, draw a simple shape on your card. I wanted a heart - Jamie, being a boy and finding hearts 'too girly, Mummy!' chose a triangle.
Now, all around your shape, poke holes through the card at 1cm intervals.
Then thread your needle with the ribbon, put a knot at the end, and start sewing...
needle up through the hole from the back, add a Cheerio, down through the next hole, up through the third, add a Cheerio, and so on. It looks pretty cool when you're finished, it's simple enough for a young (ish) child to do (mine's nearly 4) and they get a great sense of achievement when it's finished!
Here's some photos of our project this morning...
Let's get started...
I'm getting the hang of this now, Mummy...
FINISHED! (I think I'll just eat these Cheerios that were left over nom nom nom!)
Thanks for looking, hope you have fun with this!
Lisa
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so thank you for posting!

Getting an early start...

Well for some reason, (and trust me, this NEVER happens!), I'm making an early start on things for that most dreaded of C-words... CHRI...