Saturday 26 February 2011

T-Shirt Flower Tutorial

Yes, my first tutorial...
No, it's not for a boys shirt lol!
I thought I'd break myself in gently with a tutorial for these pretty flowers...I have a feeling you'll be seeing a few of them when I start making things for myself to wear!

Firstly, you will need:
an old tshirt (size doesn't matter!) or tshirt scraps
some co-ordinating thread
a needle
some scissors.

First, cut out a petal shape you like from the tshirt.
This is mine.

Next, cut out 7 more. It doesn't matter if they're not identical...I actually think they look better if they're not - just make sure they're all pretty much the same length!

Next, you need to thread them onto your needle, like this...make sure you double stitch them (so the needle goes through twice) otherwise they won't gather properly!

Keep going until you've done all 8....

Then gather them all up together (I like to call it 'squishing' lol!)

Next, carefully tie the 2 end of your thread together as tightly as possible, and trim the shortest of the two threads.

You can now leave the flowers like this (in a bud shape), or you can fan them out into a flower shape, making sure the gathered ends in the middle are on the side you wish to see, so they make a nice centre!


You now have your flower!!

You can use the length of thread still attached to sew it onto anything you like...tshirt, bag, hair clip, hair band...the possibilities are endless!

Happy making, and thanks for looking!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so thank you for posting!

Getting an early start...

Well for some reason, (and trust me, this NEVER happens!), I'm making an early start on things for that most dreaded of C-words... CHRI...