Sunday 16 October 2011

Design by Jamie!

I made this Imke before we went away...I've only just got round to posting it! 
Now, the story behind this one...I was looking on EBay for some fabric for Jamie to make him a fleece hoody, and found some gorgeous 'kid' fabrics - robots, cars, trains, bright colours...
I saved them in my watch list, and decided to let him pick.
So, he looked....and picked a plain, dark brown stretch corduroy that had been in my watch list for another project! lol! No amount of persuasion would get him to change his mind...so I ordered it!
When it arrived, I decided to let him go the whole way and choose everything...the style, the applique wording and fabric - even down to the colours of thread!
So this is what he came up with...I think the boy has some serious designing in his future, it looks great - definitely not bad for a soon-to-be-4 year old!

The orange and blue zig zag stitching...they had to be on top of each other, not side by side...
The pocket on the sleeve...
The 'DUDE' applique...
and a couple of pics of the finished item!


Thanks for looking! 
Lisa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so thank you for posting!

Getting an early start...

Well for some reason, (and trust me, this NEVER happens!), I'm making an early start on things for that most dreaded of C-words... CHRI...