Today was 'Prince/Princess Day' at Jamie's Nursery, so yesterday (I know, last minute lol!) I thought I had probably better sort him out a costume!
I went through my fabric stash, and found some red, gold silk/satin look, and purple velvet (result!) and got to work!
First, I made him a very basic rectangles shirt, interfaced the opening at the neck, and added laces...self drafted.
Then, a long red waistcoat with purple trim and gold self covered buttons...again, self drafted.
A short cape, basically 2 circles, one of each colour, with a neck hole cut out of the middle and split from the centre to outer edge, then stitched all round wrong sides together, turned out and stitched round.
A cardboard crown, covered with tinfoil, with sequins and a sparkly gold pipe cleaner, and voila!