Thursday 25 August 2011

Sad News . . .

Sorry I've not been around, but there's been a lot going on...
first and foremost, we lost my Dad on the 10th August. He had been ill for 5 months, so it wasn't a shock, but still awful. Cancer SUCKS! 
He was always so happy, smiley and full of laughter, so I've decided that he wouldn't want me to be sad, and remember his illness - instead I'll remember all the good things and smile. I just wanted to say something about it, not pretend on the blog that it didn't happen - life and blogging can't always be about the good things. 
So, I miss you Dad, love you always, and I'm smiling as I type this, just for you.



3 comments:

  1. Bless you! Cancer sucks big time. No matter how much you think you are prepared for a loss, you never are fully prepared. We lost my father-in-law and uncle-in-law earlier this year and my favorite uncle has been in the hospital for two weeks due to bloodclots - a side effect of chemo he's received for the cancer he has. ~hugs~ as you grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda - Blossom Fair25 August 2011 at 17:15

    That is a lovely post in honour of your Father.....I am so sorry for your loss. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, thank you...I'm very sorry for your losses too (((HUGS))) and here's hoping things improve for your Uncle!
    Amanda, thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so thank you for posting!

Getting an early start...

Well for some reason, (and trust me, this NEVER happens!), I'm making an early start on things for that most dreaded of C-words... CHRI...